This is a really cool piece of equipment. Comps on ebay are over $100 without the mechanical stage but with 3 objectives. Think I paid around $85 – ebay. Was a student microscope from the 1950’s. It’s dusty. Been sitting on my desk for a few years. Cleaned it a bit but if you really cleaned it up – it’s sort of a vintage display piece as well as fully functional.
- It’s solid, weighs around ten pounds.
- Has a 10x and 40x oil objective and the other objective spot has a cap on it. You can find objectives for the other spot on ebay.
- The eyepiece is a removable zoom 10-20x
- Has some other pieces that fit on the eyepiece I believe in a separate box.
- Mechanical stage
- Course and fine focus adjustment
- Electric illuminator
- Iris diaphram
- Original bakelite switch
Fully functional as far as I can tell. The focus seems to drift down a bit after you set it. I think you can tighten something to stiffen this up / prevent drift but I have not looked into it.